Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Dream Lacking

I was walking among rows and rows of cribs. 

 Extremely skinny children with Down syndrome were in those cribs. 

I was on a class trip and I kept telling my classmates that they didn't understand what they were seeing.

 I was the only one that understood.

I was able to hold a few children.  A few smiled at me.  I worked so hard for those smiles.  I told the caregivers what the children needed to thrive and prove societal opinions wrong.

When I woke, I tried to remember as least one face.  I wanted it to be a sign that my future child is waiting for me.  That God has already picked a child for me.

But I couldn't remember a single face.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that two more children from Katie's orphanage were listed on Reece's Rainbow? If you search #11, they'll come up, the kids from her orphanage all have #11 after their name. They all need to come home... bad.

    ReplyDelete